UPDATE September 5, 2021: Our apologies, we are no longer able to accept new applications for the 2021-2022 academic year. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Prerequisites to apply to the 2-year fellowship program leading to board certification are:
- Completion of a primary residency in Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, Occupational Medicine or other specialty leading to certification by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), or the American Osteopathic Association.
- The candidate must be eligible to obtain an unrestricted medical license in Illinois.
Trainees who do not meet these criteria can apply for self-funded observational experiences.
We are looking for fellows who will represent our service with the highest professionalism, demonstrate leadership running the toxicology service/daily rounds and being a model for residents and students, have a natural curiosity to explore and to learn, care about patients, and want to WORK HARD. In turn, we are committed to investing in your education and providing you a solid educational experience in a fun environment to help you attain your goals.
To apply for the fellowship program please provide:
- A current curriculum vitae with a photo
- A personal statement describing one of the following: 1) your favorite toxicology case, toxin, or experience, 2) any challenge you faced or overcame in your life, or 3) any accomplishment you are proud of and why
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (including one from your program director)
UPDATE Sept 5, 2021: We are no longer accepting any new applications, our apologies. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Jenny Lu, MD, Fellowship Director
Dept Tel: (312) 864-2787
Fax: (312) 864-9656 (secure)