Prerequisites to apply to the 2-year fellowship program leading to board certification are:
- Completion of a primary residency in Emergency Medicine, Pediatrics, Occupational Medicine or other specialty leading to certification by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), or the American Osteopathic Association.
- The candidate must be eligible to obtain an unrestricted medical license in Illinois.
Trainees who do not meet these criteria can apply for self-funded observational experiences.
To apply for the fellowship program please provide:
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A personal statement describing interest in toxicology;
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (including one from your program director)
Send these materials to:
Steven E. Aks, DO, FACMT, FACEP
Division of Toxicology/Department of Emergency Medicine
1950 West Polk Street, 7th floor
Chicago, IL 60612
Telephone: (312) 864-0911
Fax: (312) 864-9468 (secure)